Table Of Contents
- 1 Treatment for Leukemia Cancer in India
- 2 Cost of Leukemia Cancer Treatment
- 3 Detailed Cancer Treatment Cost in India
- 4 Treatments for Different Types of Leukemia
- 4.1 Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (ALL) Treatment
- 4.2 Acute Myeloid Leukemia (AML) Treatment
- 4.3 Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia (CLL) Treatment
- 4.4 Chronic Myeloid Leukemia (CML) Treatment
- 4.5 Side Effects and Risks Associated With Leukemia Treatment
- 4.6 Preparing for Leukemia Cancer Treatment
- 4.7 Expectation After Leukemia Cancer Treatment
- 4.8 Results of Leukemia Cancer Treatment
- 4.9 Care at Treatment Possible
- 5 Best Hospital For Leukemia Cancer Treatment In India
- 5.1 Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai
- 5.2 Healthcare Global Enterprises Ltd (HCG), Bangalore:
- 5.3 Dharamshila Narayana Superspeciality Hospital, Delhi:
- 5.4 Fortis Hospitals Mulund, Mumbai
- 5.5 SRCC Children's Hospital Mahalaxmi, Mumbai:
- 5.6 Medanta The Medicity Hospital, Gurgaon
Treatment for Leukemia Cancer in India
Leukemia cancer treatment focuses on destroying the leukemia cells and stimulating the production of healthy cells in the bone marrow. The treatment plan that the doctor comes up with depends upon several factors such as the type of leukemia the patient has been diagnosed with, the stage of leukemia the patient is in, the age as well as the overall health of the patient.
Cost of Leukemia Cancer Treatment
Due to our long-standing association, Treatment Possible is able to ensure the lowest treatment cost for our patients for cancer diagnosis and treatment. We ensure treatment through most advanced LINAC i.e. TrueBeam. At the same time, our rates are the lowest in India.
Detailed Cancer Treatment Cost in India
|Category||PET Scan (USD)||Chemotherapy (USD)||Radiation Therapy (USD)||Brachytherapy (USD)||Surgery (USD)|
|Bone Cancer||250||480 - 680||2800 - 3400||na||3800 - 4800|
|Brain Tumor||250||480 - 680||2800 - 3400||na||4200 - 5200|
|Breast Cancer||250||300 - 480||2800||na||2200 - 2800|
|Cervical Cancer Treatment||250||na||na||800||3800|
|Esophegal Cancer||250||480 - 680||2800 - 3400||na||4800 - 5800|
|Leukemia Cancer||250||600 - 980||na||na||15000 - 25000|
|Liver Cancer||250||480 - 680||2800 - 3400||na||4800 - 5800|
|Lung Cancer||250||480 - 680||2800 - 3500||na||na|
|Ovarion Cancer||250||480 - 680||2800 - 3400||800||3600|
|Prostate Cancer||250||480 - 680||2800 - 3400||800||2200 - 2800|
Treatments for Different Types of Leukemia
Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (ALL) Treatment
This is the most common type of leukemia that is diagnosed in adults as well as children. This involves rapid multiplication of immature lymphoid cells in the blood. The treatment for this type of Leukemia involves three main steps – Induction, Consolidation and Maintenance.
- Induction: Induction therapy focuses on killing the leukemia cells in the bone marrow as well as in blood. The treatment lasts for a period of four weeks and involves chemotherapy as well as corticosteroids.
- Consolidation: Consolidation is a therapy that kills even those leukemia cells that don’t show up in tests. It can go on for months, but it doesn’t necessitate overnight stays at the hospital. It includes chemotherapy and maybe even stem cell transplant.
- Maintenance: Maintenance therapy concentrates on preventing the leukemia cells from growing and multiplying. It involves low doses of chemotherapy and may go on for about three years. However, patients can go back to living their normal lifestyles during this phase of treatment.
The patient would be considered cured if he does not come across any of the leukemia symptoms for a period of five years. However, if it does return within the initial few years, the patient will have to undergo chemotherapy or a stem cell transplant. He/she may even have to join a clinical trial for newer treatments.
Acute Myeloid Leukemia (AML) Treatment
This involves the rapid growth of an immature myeloid cell in the blood. These cells go on to become monocytes or granulocytes. The treatment for AML includes two steps:
- Induction of Remission: As in ALL treatment, induction of remission in AML involves the destruction of leukemia cells in the blood as well as in the bone marrow. It is done through chemotherapy for about a week or so. After this, you will need to be in the hospital for three more weeks for bone marrow recovery.
- Post Remission Therapy: This phase of treatment involves more chemotherapy and a Stem Cell Transplant to make sure all the leukemia cells are eliminated from the body, even if they fail to show up in the tests. This may go on for about three to four months.
Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia (CLL) Treatment
Chronic leukemia affects people who are more than 55 years of age. It involves lymphocytic cancer cells that grow slowly. The treatment plan for this type of leukemia would include a combination of radiation and chemotherapy. While radiation therapy would treat the lymph nodes that get swollen due to too many abnormal lymphocytes, chemotherapy works on destroying the leukemia cells through a combination of medications.
Chronic Myeloid Leukemia (CML) Treatment
CML occurs due to an over-production of granulocytes by the bone marrow. Also known as leukemia blasts, these cells tend to crowd the bone marrow, thereby interrupting the production of the normal blood cells. The treatment for this type of leukemia includes:
- Targeted Therapy: This treatment works very well for patients who are in the early stages of CML. This involves the use of a tyrosine kinase inhibitor, which can go on for years. They may not even need a stem cell transplant if there is no relapse.
- Stem Cell Transplant: Before this, the bone marrow activity will have to be destroyed through chemotherapy and radiation therapy. This will ensure a more successful transplant.
Side Effects and Risks Associated With Leukemia Treatment
Although advanced technology equipment and techniques have reduced the side effects and risks of leukemia cancer treatments to a great extent, there are a few of them you need to endure. Nevertheless, most of these are temporary in nature and tend to fade away in a few days.
- Side effects such as hair loss, nausea, vomiting, fatigue, loss of appetite and mild infections are quite common after chemotherapy as the WBCs tend to get damaged in the process.
- Infertility is another side effect that most patients go through.
- You may also come across a rash or swelling at the injected area, a headache, fever or muscle-ache.
- Targeted therapy, if given, may cause certain side effects that include vomiting, diarrhoea, rash muscle cramps or weight gain.
- Side effects of radiation therapy include redness or dryness of the skin in the areas that are treated and some amount of nausea or vomiting.
- Stem cell therapy might affect your digestive system, skin or liver if GVHD is present in the donor cell.
Preparing for Leukemia Cancer Treatment
It is very important to reveal your allergies or ailments to your doctor, before undergoing leukemia cancer treatment. You may also have to inform your doctor about the medications that you are taking.
You may be asked to quit smoking and drinking before the treatment starts. Red meat consumption is prohibited too.
Apart from the above, you may have to go through a few tests that include:
- Urinary tests
In certain cases, a few procedures may be advised such as
- Blood or platelets transfusion
- Antiviral or antibiotics treatment to prevent infections
- WBCs and RBCs development treatment
Expectation After Leukemia Cancer Treatment
In cases of early diagnosis, the chances are higher of the leukemia cancer getting treated completely. In other cases, however, the treatment will only be focused on controlling the growth of cancer cells.
Regular treatment is absolutely necessary for leukemia cancer. You need to attend follow-up sessions that may involve certain blood tests and a physical examination to monitor the growth of cancer and minimize the side effects.
Results of Leukemia Cancer Treatment
With the advancements in technology, the overall mortality rate due to leukemia has been descending by 1% every year. There has been a 60% survival rate in case of leukemia patients from the year 2005 to 2011. This includes people of all ages. A better alternative would be to join clinical trials that bring into light the latest developments in the treatment of cancer which will help you achieve the desired results, in a faster manner.
Care at Treatment Possible
At Treatment Possible, our main objective is to provide the best options for Leukemia cancer treatment in India at the lowest cost. Thus, we recognize the significance of excellent health and well being of our guests by preferring association with top leukemia cancer Specialists and the best hospital for leukemia cancer treatment in India. We encourage you to educate yourself about Leukemia cancer treatment, procedure, cost of treatment in India and then make an informed decision. An individually allocated case manager takes personalized interest to design a tailor-made treatment plan for every guest and provide with a specific time, cost of the leukemia cancer treatment in India.
For an early response from a case manager, medical history and diagnostic reports can be sent to email@example.com. About almost for a decade, Treatment Possible has been involved in guiding patients for appropriate and so assures you with wonderful experience along with the expertise of medical tourism in India. Treatment Possible invites you for a Free Consultation with the chosen Top Leukemia Cancer specialist in India with the assurance of hassle-free arrangements for examinations, procedures, recovery, travel and stay.